1. CBPS UoN Journals from repository CLICK HERE
2. UPCOMING CONFERENCES
4TH ANNUAL SCIENCE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
Conference Theme: “Rethinking research, innovation & technology for sustainable development”; 27th - 29th October 2021
Message by Dr. Catherine Lukhoba
Chair – CBPS – Conference Committee, University of Nairobi
I wish to take this opportunity to welcome you submitted papers for oral presentations in the 4th Annual CBPS Conference entitled “Science Outputs for Addressing Grant Societal Challenges for Transformational Impacts” coming later this year.
The theme of our conference - “Rethinking research, innovation & technology for sustainable development is inspired by the way Society has been utilizing her knowledge and resources and especially so in the face of the unexpected twin disasters in the recent past namely the locust invasion and Covid 19 pandemics, disasters which are afflicting our lives.
Towards this aim, the College is hosting this three–day conference with six subthemes covering the areas of Science, Technology and Innovation in Industry, Universal Health Care, management of emerging disasters, sustainable use of natural products, food production & availability as well as the basic sciences. Presentations in these areas will enable us showcase how science contributes directly to the building and sustenance of our Society.
We have lined up interesting and illuminating opportunities for key presentations that will help steer the discussion towards the formulation of policy briefs and guidelines to be shared with policy makers and our stakeholders. To enable your paper preparation and further information, the organizing committee welcomes you pick your sub-theme of interest at
Together, we shall contribute to bringing solutions to the myriad of problems experienced globally, regionally and nationally for a brighter future.
3. CONFERENCES & SEMINARS
Dr. Catherine Lukhoba - Director, School of Biological Sciences
- Training on Transformative Leadership and Result Based Management (RBM) (25th October, 2007), University of Nairobi
- Training in Pedagogy (24th – 26th September, 2007), University of Nairobi.
- Training Workshop: Medicinal Plants, Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China, 5th September to 6th October, 2005.
- Plant Sciences Conference, Makerere University, Uganda, 21st to 26th February, 2005.
- First National Workshop: Medicinal, Aromatic and other under-utilised plant species in Kenya, 29th October- 3rd November, 2001.
- The 9th Symposium of the Natural Products Research Network For Eastern and Central Africa (NAPRECA) August 27-31, 2001 (Nairobi, Kenya).
- The first Symposium on East Africa in Transition: Communities, Culture and Change, 4th-7th July, 2000 (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Fifth International Congress of Ethnobiology, 2-6th September 1996. (Nairobi).
- The use of recombinant DNA in diagnostics, 1995. (Nairobi) - ILRI course
Prof. Leonida Kerubo - Dean, School of Physical Sciences
- 3 rd -7 th September, 2018: Cytotoxicity of Plumbagin, Rapanone and 12 other naturally occurring Quinones from Kenyan Flora towards human carcinoma cells, Chemistry for industrialization, sustainable development, safety and Security in Africa, 12 th Theoretical Chemistry Conference in Africa (TCCA) (ESAECC-TCCA), Conference, Reef Hotel, Mombasa, Kenya.
- 8 th-10th February, 2018: Cytotoxicity of Plumbagin, Rapanone and 12 other naturally occurring Quinones from Kenyan Flora towards human carcinoma cells, Utilization of Natural Products for the Betterment of Livelihood of Mankind, AICAD, JKUAT, Kenya.
- 10th-14th September, 2017: Cytotoxicity of Plumbagin, Rapanone and 12 other naturally occurring Quinones from Kenyan Flora towards human carcinoma cells, Research Link Workshop, Exploring Kenyan Biodiversity: Chemistry, Pharmacology and Commercialization. Great Rift Valley Lodge, Naivasha, Kenya.
- 13th-16th August, 2017: Cytotoxicity of Plumbagin, Rapanone and 12 other naturally occurring Quinones from Kenyan Flora towards human carcinoma cells, 17th NAPRECA Symposium in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 9 th-12th May, 2017: Cytotoxicity of Plumbagin, Rapanone and 12 other naturally occurring Quinones from Kenyan Flora towards human carcinoma cells, 9th International Conference of the Kenya Chemical Society, United States International University (USIU), Nairobi, Kenya. 6)
Dr. Stephen Luketero - Director, School of Mathematics
- 1999- FORSINA, at Onitsha University, Enugu State, Nigeria
- 2004- School on Commutative Algebra and Combinatorics, Mombasa, Kenya
- 2006- PAMO Workshop at Kenya Institute of Education (KIE), Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2009- Advanced research methodology Workshop on epidemic modelling with MS EXCEL, Nairobi, Kenya.
Dr. George Obiero - Director,Centre for Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Complete conference on biofuel policies in Africa, 25-27, June 2008, Mali Bamako-Rappauteur in one of the sessions
- Workshop; 2nd Annual Biofuels: food Vs Energy Debate Forum, March, 10-13th, 2009 Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Workshop on Mentorship-March 2011.Organised by Department of Science and Technology and National Research Fund..28th March, at CSIR Pretoria, South Africa
- Workshop on Labour relations: 29th June 2011, at CatoMano Conference room, TIA regional Office